Friday, April 23, 2010

Baseballs and Butterflies




Jeff (#12) and the pitcher of today's game



Just a great group of guys

Our pitcher after the game with his teammates...so proud of them!

So, it is pooring the rain here in North Carolina and we (Cathy, Allen, Lil and I) are waiting on my parents to get here for the game(s) tomorrow. Just a quick update on the team...the Railsplitters (#6 seed) won their first game against Wingate (#1 seed) 10-9. Woo whoo!!! It was the best game I've watched all year! We didn't win yesterdays game against #4 Carson-Newman, but we had great comeback at the end. Carson-Newman just squeezed past us with one run. Thankfully, the tournament is double elimination! Today's game started at noon and was against #5 Tusculum...another great game! LMU pitched a freshman who did a phenominal job and we won 5-1. The other game we were suppose to play today was rained out and is set for tomorrow afternoon. My parents couldn't come today, so it has worked out great for them. Now, they are on there way here so that they can support Jeff and the team tomorrow. YAY!!! It's been a great several days...lots of great baseball, great weather (until today :), lots of LMU fans here to support the team...and I THINK... I've felt Baby S move! I've had butterflies in my stomach over the last several days, but that could be due to the fact that I've been a nervous wreck...or...maybe Baby S is just as excited as we are about how well Daddy's team is playing:)
Jeff and some of the players during a pitching change (He's so cute in his uniform :)


Warmest,

No comments: