Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fragile Reminders

A lot is going on in our house these days...but sometimes there are things that happen and is God's way of saying..."slow down and spend sometime with me." For example, the passing of my grandmother. It has made me take time and appreciate the time I had with her and other elders in my life. It makes me appreciate my own mother even more than what I already did...if that is even possible. Recently, I also found out that a very dear friend of mine suffered a miscarriage last week. Both situations are reminders that life is fragile. Both situations remind me of a loss that I experienced not so long ago. Today, it reminds me to take one day at a time, and to be thankful each day that Mason is doing great and that I need to continue to pray for his health and safe arrival. I have talked with my friend, and I know that she will be okay, but she needs prayers and time to deal with her loss. When I had my miscarriage, people would tell me that time would heal my hurt, which is somewhat true, but I believe that it's God...and only God, that can, truly, heal our wounds and mend our broken hearts. Please remember my friend and her family in your prayers as they grieve their loss and pray for a healthy pregnancy for her soon. Continue to remember my mom and also our pastor who lost his mother this week.

Warmest,

No comments: